Monday 26 May 2008

Carly Simon - Simon Confused By Taylor Snub

Singer CARLY SIMON still feels the pain of her split with ex-husband JAMES TAYLOR - because he refuses to speak to her 26 years later.

The You're So Vain hitmaker was in rocky relationship with the musician for 10 years before she walked out on him in 1981 after years of heartache, due to Taylor's alleged drug habits and philandering ways.

And Simon admits her romantic tendencies enabled Taylor to take advantage of her - insisting her deep feelings for the lyricist made it hard to accept the split.

She says, "I probably would have been a little more careful about falling in love. I just fell in love too easily and too much - then, when I fell in love for keeps, it didn't work."

However, although Simon insists she doesn't regret the marriage, she wishes the pair parted ways on good terms - because she is confused at Taylor's continued decision to ignore her.

She explains, "I don't regret that relationship, but I regret the fact that I'm such a romantic and sometimes it's hard to see the clear light of day. That person was James... because of the intensity of my feelings it was very hard to disengage. We have no contact. It totally perplexes me and that's all I have to say about it."




See Also